Kikuyu Karinga Educational Association.(KKEA)
Kikuyu Karinga Educational Association.(KKEA)-The association emerged out of a split at the Gituamba between the Murang’a group and the -Kiambu members who were radical and were more closely associated with KCA.-The term ‘Karinga’ means ‘pure’ implying unpolluted kikuyu customs and values. KKEA was opposed to all forms of cooperation witheither the missionaries or the colonial authority.-By 1940, it had established 12 schools in Kiambu and 11 in the rift valley. By 1952, it had established schools at Moshi and Arusha in Tanganyika. It established its own church in 1952(the African Orthodox Church of Kenya), relying on church ministers trained at Gituamba seminary. It wasled by Arthur Gathuna and Philip Kiande-The Association was banned in 1952 after declaration of a State of Emergency.-In 1939, the Kenya Teachers Training College was established at Githunguri, Kiambu, to train teachers for the independent schools.