Get premium membership
and access revision papers with marking schemes, video lessons and live classes.
Class 8 Mathematics Term 3 Exams 2022
Class: Class 8
Level: Primary School
Exam Category: Class 8 Term 3 Exams
Document Type: Pdf
TUTORKE END TERM TRIAL EXAMINATIONS
STD 8 MATHEMATICS TERM 3 2022
1. What is 5,555,755 in words?
A. Five million five hundred and five thousands, seven hundred and fifty five
B. Five million five hundred and fifty five thousand, seven hundred and fifty five
C. Five million and five thousands, five hundred and fifty five thousands, seven hundred and fifty five
D. Five hundred and fifty five thousand and seven hundred and fifty five
2. What is the place value of digit 2 in the product of the total value of digit 6 multiplied by the total value of digit 4 in the number 526438
A. Ten million
B. Ten thousands
C. Hundred thousands
3. Find the capacity of a cylinder in litres if the base area is 616cm2 and it has a height of 20cm
4. In the triangle ABC below BC= 24cm, AC =26cm Angle FGH 90º.Find the area of the triangles.
5. Work out 720÷(120×6) + 22×8 – 120 ÷ 20
6. What is the distance covered by an athlete who made 4 laps around the track in kilometers
7.Calculate the area of the figured below in hectares
8. Work out
9. The pie chart below shows how Mr. Otieno utilizes his 72hactares plot of land. How many more hectares were used for maize than the Orchard
10. Which is the least number that can be subtracted from 60260 to make it divisible by 11
11. A bus left Nakuru at12:40 pm. . If he took 31/5 hours. At what time did he reach Kisumu?
A. 0055hrs Sunday
B. 1352hrs Sunday
C. 1.52 am Sunday
D. 1.52pm Sunday
12. A mathematics test book has 119 sheets of paper and cover. Each sheet of paper has mass grams 3grams and the cover has a mass of 30grams. Find the mass of the book in kilogram
13. A meeting was attended by 2100 men. The number of women was 800 more than that of men. Each person was given 2 pieces of bananas and each banana coasted sh. 5. How much money was spent to buy the bananas
14. An empty lorry weighs 3.4toness. It is loaded with 30bags each weighing fifty kilograms. What is the total mass of the lorry and the load in kilograms
15. The following are properties of a certain equilateral:
I) Diagonals are not equal
II) Diagonals bisect at right angles
III) All sides are equal
IV) Opposite angles are equals
Which equilateral has the above properties?
A.1.07 B. 1.55 C. 15.5 D. 10.7
17. The following are lengths of sides of different triangles
Which of the choices below contains all right angle?
B. (i), (ii), (iv)
C. (i), (iii), (iv)
D. (i), (ii), (iii)
18. In the triangle FGH below. GH =24cm, FH=26cm and angle FGH = 90. Find the area of the triangle.
20.Cate borrowed sh, 200.000 from a bank that charge a simple interest at the rate of 4% per annum. How much interest did he pay after two years?
21. How many days were there from 29th December 2016 to 20th march the following year
22. Three street lights lights at an interval of 6min, 8min and 12min. if they all started at 8.05am. At what time will they light together respectively?
A. 8: 29am
D. 9: 53am
23. A cylindrical water tank measures 1.4m in diameter and 1.0m high. How many litres does it hold when half full?
24 Rachel paid sh 27000 for a T.V set after getting a discount 25% discount. How much was the marked price?
25. What is the number of edges, faces and vertices of a square based pyramid?
26. In the figure below line PQ is parallel to line ST. Line UV is a transversal
Which of the following statement is not true?
A. a+g = 180º
C. a+ c = e+ h
D. d+ h = f +b
27.The table below shows the amount of milk delivered to a hotel in 6 days.
What is the average amount of milk delivered to the hotel per day?
28. What is the seventh number in the sequence?
2,4,7,12,19 ______, ______
30.The diagram below is a part of rhombus ABCD
Complete the rhombus and drop a perpendicular point D to meet AB at X. what is the measurement of the line XB
31. The fraction 1/2,7/9,3/8,5/7 are to be arranged from the largest to the smallest. Which of the following is in correct order
32. The diagram below shows an isosceles triangle
Calculate the area of the triangle
33. During the first lady half marathon on zero campaign 250 men took part. The number of women was three times that of men and 250 less than that of boys. The number of girls was 200 more than that of boys. How many people in total participated in the function
34. The diagram below shows Otieno’s plot of land
Calculate the length of wire needed to fence the land using three strands of wire
35. The diagram below shows a wooden solid
Calculate the surface area taking π=3.14
36. What is the value of M in the equation
37. A soda dealer sold 1200 crates of soda in the month of January, if this was 20% decrease from what he sold in December. How many crates did he sell in the month of December?
38. Achieng had k shilling. Silas had two shillings more than Achieng. Jatend had three shilling shilling less than both Achieng and Silas had. How much money in total did they have ?
A. 4k + 1
B. 4k + 3
C. 4k + 5
D. 4k + 7
39. The table below shows daily number of cows sold at Kisumu market
What was the mean number of cows sold during the week?
A.70 B. 64 C. 55 D. 80
40. Mr. Kerubo bought 3 1/4 kg of meat. How many grams did he buy
41. Florence walks to school every day. The school is 2000metres away from home. How many kilometres does Florence covers in one week
A. 4km B. 28km C. 20km D. 14km
42. Which one of the following symbol will complete the statement below?
A right angle ____an acute angle
43.Find the area of the shaded part
44. How many faces do open cubes has?
A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7
45. If 60% represents girls. How many boys are represented if the total pupils was 1800
47. Find the area of a square room whose perimeter is 20cm?
48. The graph below shows the number of customers who visited Pride in Hotel
On which day did the hotel have the most customers?
49. Which two consecutive days did the hotel receive the least number of customers
A. Sunday and Monday
B. Monday and Tuesday
C. Friday and Sunday
D. Wednesday and Thursday
50. How many triangles can be formed from the figure below
More Examination Papers