Get premium membership
and access revision papers with marking schemes, video lessons and live classes.
Class 6 English End of Term 3 Examination 2022
Class: Class 6
Level: Primary School
Exam Category: Class 6 End Term 3 Exams
Document Type: Pdf
TUTORKE END TERM TRIAL EXAMINATIONS
STD 6 ENGLISH TERM 3 2022
Read the passage below, it contains blank spaces numbered 1-15. For each choose the best answer from the given choices
I have changed ____1____ in recent years. I ____2____ be a foolish, dependent girl, ____3____ now am I am a mature and independent woman. I am the ____4____ child in my family; so, when I was growing up my family did ____5____ for me. I never had to help ____6____ of my siblings. My parents ____7____ me everything I ____8____, so I thought I was the ____9____ girl. I thought I was ____10____ right. And my family and friends had to ____11____ to me. ____12____, my situation is not the same anymore. Now am ____13____ alone and am working I know ____14____ are many people better than ____15____.
1. A. slightly B. a lot C. More D. a little
2. A. used to B. usually C. normally D. always
3. A. also B. so C. and D. but
4. A. most young B. oldest C. younger D. youngest
5. A. anything B. everything C. something D. Nothing
6. A. caring B. look after C. take care D. care
7. A. gave B. provided C. supplied D. bring
8. A. demanded B. imagined C. thought D. wanted
9. A. luckiest B. luckier C. more lucky D. most lucky
10. A. seldom B. Rarely C. always D. never
11. A. respect B. listen C. hear D. obey
12. A. However B. besides C. moreover D. therefore
13. A. Staying B. existing C. left D. living
14. A. They B. they’re C. there D. their
15. A. me B. 1 C. myself D. mine
For question 16 -17 select the best alternative to complete the sentence.
16. It is a rainy season, heavy clouds hand in the sky.it will ______ rain
17. The storm came and swept away many houses. Most crops were destroyed. It was ____ strong
18. Which word is correctly spelt
For question 19-20, complete the following sentence
19. It was so dry
A. When all animals and people were starving to death
B. So animals and people starved to death
C. That animals and people were starving to death
D. For animals and people to starved to death
20. The athlete is _______ to complete in an international race
A. Very slow
B. Really slow
C. Extremely slow
D. Too slow
For question 21 to 23 select the best alternative that means the same as the underlined words
21. The young girl went to swim during her leisure
A. Free time
B. Games time
C. Easy time
D. Break time
22. He often writes letters to his Mother
23. Alfred is very impolite
For question 24 to 25 chose the best alternative answer to fill the blank space
24. “Every dog has its ___”, Charles said
25. The woman was ___ tired that she went straight to bed
Read the passage below and answer question 26-38
Most monkeys spend most of their time in trees. So monkeys such as baboons live on the ground most of the time, but even baboons sleep in trees. Most monkeys lived in the warm rain forest. Monkeys are animals called primates. They have two legs and two long arms with hands that can grasp things. Monkeys have ears on each side of their head and two eyes that face forward. Most monkeys also have tails. Their larger primates’ relatives, the apes, do not have tails.
Monkeys have hands and fingers that are a lot like that of humans. Their fingers and toes are very flexible. Many monkeys have thumps that are opposable. Opposable thumps can be closed against the other fingers to create a tight grip. Most animals do not have opposable thump. Some monkeys also have big toes that act like thumps.
Like other primates, monkeys are among the smartest animals. Biology thinks that monkey can remember where different fruit trees are. They can even remember when the fruit get ripe. Monkeys communicate with one another. They make sigs with part of their body. They call out to one another
Most monkeys use their intelligence to protect themselves from enemies. For examples, capuchins try to scare off enemies. They urinate from enemies from high up the trees. They jump and down to make dead branches fall on the enemies on the ground.
Monkeys are very social, males, females and baby monkeys live together in groups. Some kind of monkeys lives in small family groups. Other species lived in a large group of more than hundred monkeys.
26. According to the 1st sentence most monkeys spent
A. Most their life in trees
B. As much time in trees as on the ground
C. Less time on the ground than in trees
D. Hardly any time in trees
27. Which one of the following is true about baboons?
A. Spend more time on the ground than trees
B. Live entirely on the ground
C. Feed in trees but lived on the ground
D. Are the only ones that lives on the ground
28. According to the passage many monkeys have?
A. Toes that act like thumps
B. Opposable thumbs
D. Four limbs
29. It is true to say that monkey?
A. Are smarter than other animals
B. Are known to possess very good memory
C. Remember different fruit trees
D. Can identify ripe fruit
30. How do monkeys communicate with ONE another? By
A. Talking to one another
B. Making signs with their hands
C. Making gestures and sounds
D. Touching one another
31. Monkeys protect themselves on all the following ways, which one is NOT?
A. Jumping up and down
B. Urinating on enemies
C. Dropping dry branches on enemies
D. Scaring away enemies
32. What makes monkey social animals
A. Taking care of their young ones
B. Being similar to each other
C. Working together to protect themselves
D. Living together in groups
33. A group of monkeys is known?
34. Why do male monkeys leave the mother family after growing up?
A. They are chased away
B. To start their own families
C. To take care of themselves
D. To create room for other children
35. What threatens the monkey habitats?
A. Lack of adequate food
B. Illegal killing of monkeys
C. Reduction of space to live
D. Human activities in forest
36. The expression often as used in the passage means the same as?
37. The best tittle for passage is?
D. Monkeys’ habitats
38. How does cutting down trees affect monkeys
A. It destroy their habitat
B. Scare them away
C. Make them fight
D. Brings more rain to them
Read the passage below and answer question 39-50
Many children are wasting the childhood working in urban households as domestic servant. Six years ago, the fourth born in the family of six, Sonali, accompanied her aunt from the rural home in Kisii, after the aunt convinced her mother – a widow - that she was going to educate the girl along with her own children.
But on arrival in Nairobi, the idea of taking her to school was discarded and Sonali became the house help. Every morning she would wake up at 5 am to prepare breakfast. When her cousins eventually woke up. She would help them and whey they had left she would wash their clothes and do all the house chores
Her only free time was when she went to church on Sunday, which was only allowed after the intervention of her uncle “my aunt was very mean to me, but cousins and uncle treated me better,” she says.
39. How do many children waste the childhood?
A. They go to urban area
B. They learn and work in urban areas
C. They work as domestic servant
D. They help the fourth born in a big family
40. What is the main reason why Somali was given out to the aunt?
A. Her mother had many children
B. There were no good schools locally.
C. Sonali’s mother was poor
D. She was the fourth born to a big family
41. What was the condition of Somali to go and stay with her aunt in Nairobi, she was to?
A. Work as house – help
B. Work and get education
C. Go to school and work in the house
D. Be taken to school together with her cousins
42. Which statement is not true? When she reached Nairobi, Sonali
A. Would wake up after the cousins had gone to school
B. Was never take to any school
C. Was over worked by her aunt
D. Was mistreated by her aunt
43. What character was displayed by Sonalis’ aunt?
44. Why couldn’t the neighbors take legal action to save Sonali from her aunt?
A. They feared the aunt
B. They migrated to another neighborhood
C. Sonali never reported to them
D. Somali was take to the hospital
45. What is a ladle?
A. Cooking stick
B. A big stick
C. A metal road
D. A big serving spoon
46. How many years has it been since Sonali left kisii:
A. Eleven B. Thirteen C. Six D. Two
47. How old is Sonali now
A. Thirteen years B. 11 years C. 6 years D. 2
48. Which statement is true about Somali
A. She was paid very little money
B. He has never been seen or heard about her mother since she left Kisii
C. Somali’s suffering
D. Somali’s wounds healed leaving no scars
49. What form of abuse did Sonali face at her aunt’s house?
A. Forced labor
B. Domestics violence and torture
C. Sexual abuse
D. Child abuse
50. What is the best title of the passage
A. Somali the lost child
B. Somali narrates the harsh conditions
C. Life in Nairobi
D. Domestic violence
More Examination Papers