Get premium membership
and access revision papers with marking schemes, video lessons and live classes.
Class 7 Social Studies End of Term 3 Exams 2022
Class: Class 7
Subject: Social Studies
Level: Primary School
Exam Category: Class 7 End Term 3 Exams
Document Type: Pdf
TUTORKE END TERM TRIAL EXAMINATIONS
STD 7 SOCIAL STUDIES TERM 3 2022
Study the map of Makuyu Area and use it to answer question 1-7
1. What is the direction of quarry from Makuyu town?
C. South East
D. North East
2. Which climate can best fit North Eastern side of Makuyu area?
A. Hot and wet
B. Hot and cool
C. Hot and dry
D. Cool and wet
3. The road in Makuyu area MAINLY meanders because the place is ____.
A. rocky B. flat
C. hilly D. smooth
4. The chief administrator of National government in Makuyu area is the ____.
A. Assistant Chief
C. County Commissioner
D. County Governor
5. Which social service is NOT provided in Makuyu town?
A. Education B. Security
C. Health D. Religion
6. Kamau wanted to start a business in Makuyu town, the best place for him to get a trading license is from?
A. Police Station
B. County Government
7. River Sako ends in ____.
A. estuary B. confluence
C. delta D. distributary
8. The smallest country in Africa is ____.
A. Sudan B. Seychelles
C. Algeria D. Rwanda
Use the map of Africa to answer questions 15-19
9. The ocean current marked M is called ____.
B. Equatorial Guinea
10. The country marked P is called ____.
C. S. Sudan
11. Which one of the following countries is NOT passed by the latitude marked F?
12. The Islands marked R are called ____.
13. The following are factors which influence climate. Which one is NOT?
C. Ocean currents
14. Which of the following is CORRECTLY matched with its place of mining?
A. Limestone –Kerio Valley
B. Fluorspar – Kariandusi
C. Anemometer – Lake Victoria
D. Soda ash – L. Magadi
15. Which one of the following is a role of the head teacher in the school management committee?
A. Writes down committee proceedings
B. Admits new pupils who satisfy the school regulations
C. Disciplines pupils who fail to observe school regulations
D. Supervises the other workers in the school
Use the mountain vegetation below to answer questions 16-17
16. The vegetation zone marked P is called ____.
A. Health and moorland
C. Snow and bare rocks
D. Savanna grasslands
17. The main vegetation located in the area marked Q is ____.
B. Canopy trees
D. Thorny trees
18. The origin home of Gabbra was ____.
B. South Africa
C. Congo Basin
D. Horn of Africa
19. The isolated hills in a plateau are called ____.
20. The earth rotates from ___ to ___
A. North to South
B. South to North
C. East to West
D. West to East
21. Which of the following is NOT a hardwood tree?
A. Mahogany B. Oak
C. Mvule D. Cypress
22. The winds which blow in Sahara region are known as ____ winds
A. South East trade winds
B. Harmattan winds
C. South Westerlies
23. Calculate the approximate time at Marsabit town at longitude 380E when it is 8.00 a.m. at Cape Verde which is 180W. ?
A. 4.16 a.m. B. 11.40 a.m.
C. 4.16 a.m. D. 11.44 a.m.
24. Elections in Kenya are held after ___ years.
A. 18 B. 10
C. 5 D. 2
The diagram below shows the formation of a mountain in Africa. Use it to answer questions 25-26
25. The type of mountain shown in the diagram was formed as a result of
A. Folding B. Faulting
C. Volcanicity D. Erosion
26. In which of the following countries in Africa is the mountain represented in the diagram above found?
A. South Africa
B. South Sudan
D. Democratic Republic of Congo
27. The area represented by a member of the
County assembly is known as
A. a county B. a ward
C. a constituency D. a location
28. The main economic activity of the Oromo during the pre-colonial period was
C. Nomadic pastoralism
D. Crop farming
29. Which one of the following crops was not introduced by the Europeans into Kenya?
A. Sorghum B. Tea
C. Sisal D. Pyrethrum
30. Which of the following National Parks is located in Tanzania?
A. Arawale B. Kidepo
C. Boni D. Selous
31. In Kenya the courts are headed by the?
A. Chief justice B. Attorney General
C. President D. Deputy President
32. Which one of the following is the main import to Kenya?
A. Crude oil B. Motor vehicle
C. Medicine D. Fertilizer
Use the map of Kenya below to answer questions 33 to 34
33. The process that formed the physical feature marked V is
A. Erosion B. Faulting
C. Down warping D. Vulcanicity
34. Which of the following is the main economic activity carried out in the lake marked Q?
A. Fishing B. Tourism
C. Irrigation D. Transport
35. The river marked S ends in the
A. Indian Ocean B. Lorian Swamp
C. Nyandarau Ranges D. Mount Kenya
36. The forest marked W is
A. Mau B. Nyandurua
C. Mount Kenya D. Mount Elgon
37. Which one of the following is a fresh water lake in Rift Valley
A. Lake Bogoria B. Lake Nakuru
C. Victoria D. L. Baringo
38. Which of the following set of industries consist of service industries?
A. Tourism, vehicle repair, finance
B. Paper making industry , tourism, tea factory
C. Printing, finance, tea factory
D. Bakery , coffee industry, finance
39. Which of the following tourist attraction is mainly found in Zimbabwe?
A. Victoria falls
B. Pyramids of Giza
C. Kruger National park
D. Meroe national park
40. The following are the result of Portuguese occupation in East African coast, which one is not?
A. Building of Fort Jesus
B. Introduction of new crops
C. Introduction of exotic breeds of cattle
D. Building of Vasco da Gama pillar
41. Gulley erosion can be effectively controlled by
A. Building check dams
C. Constructing terraces
D. Cover cropping
42. The Aswan high Dam was mainly established to:
A. Provide hydroelectric power
B. Control floods at the lower Nile
C. Provide water for irrigation
D. Provide fishing ground in L. Nasser
43. The philosophy of African Socialism was adopted in Kenya in the year
44. Koobi Fora and Fort Tenant in Kenya are both
A. Prehistoric sites
B. Mining sites
C. Historic sites
D. National museum
45. A complete rotation of the earth causes
A. 24 hours
B. Day and night
46. The chief – Legal Advisor to the executive government in Kenya is?
A. Chief justice
B. Attorney general
47. The basic unit of any society in Africa is?
C. Age set
48. Who among the following was not among the kapenguria six.
A. Paul Ngei
B. Bildad kagia
C. Dedan Kimathi
D. Kungu Karumba
49. The following factors undermined peace in our country, which one is not?
50. Which one of the following communities below to the kwa speakers of West Africa?
A. Gas, Bambara,Asante
C. Kanuri,Ibo, Nzirima
51. Which one of the following European countries did not have a portion of the Somali land?
52. The following are description of a certain River in Africa?
i. Carries large volume of water
ii. Has the most number of tributaries
iii. Has an estuary at its mouth
The river described above is likely to be?
A. River Niger
B. River Senegal
C. River Congo
D. Rive Zambezi
53. Which one of the following is not the main benefit of democracy
A. There is respect to human right
B. People is respect to peoples bill
C. People are able to elect leaders of their choice
D. People practice accountability and transparency
54. Three of the following African communities resisted the British rule which one is not?
55. Use the diagram below to answer question 55-56
The above feature shows the formation of
A. Sea breeze
B. Land breeze
C. Relief rainfall
D. Convectional rainfall
56. The following towns experience the above features except
A. Addis Ababa
D. Dar – es-salaam
57. Which of the following island countries is found to the North of Madagascar
D. Cape Verde
58. The day and night are equal in the month of March and September. This is called
59. Which of the following mountains were formed through folding
A. Pare mountain
B. Usambara Mountain
C. Atlas Mountain
D. Ruwenzori Mountain
60. Which of the following means of transport is mainly used to transport electricity in the rural areas in Kenya
More Examination Papers