Get premium membership
and access revision papers with marking schemes, video lessons and live classes.
Exercise Write down the kind of adverbial clause in each of the following sentences.
1. I stopped digging because I was tired. – Adverbial clause of reason
2. He is liked because he is generous.
3. She worked hard so that she would succeed in life.
4. I must believe it since you say so.
5. They locked the thieves in the cell in case any escaped.
6. It all ended as it did last year.
7. A glutton lives in order that he may eat.
8. She is much older than she looks.
9. We couldn’t get the information as he was not there.